Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Was listening to: For Reason's Unknown - The Killers

A secret:
I feel guilty for being comfortable listening to "pop" indie bands instead of going out to discover the secret band that would reveal the meaning of life to me.

Perhaps I'm getting old, once struggled to adapt and now comfortable with the same environment, and new things become too much of an effort to embrace and understand. A quote I believe was from the H2G2, I can't remenber the exact phrasing but it goes something like this:


when we grow up, we perceive things around us as the norm as we try to fit into it, and then as we get older, we tend to reject those "new things" as they deviate from our norm, which we tend to react with hostility and rejection.

I will download a strange unknown album tonight, and go to the restaurant I was meaning to go to for ages.

No comments: